Monday, May 16, 2011

Here :)

Hallo Leute :)
So i am here now, after a long and sleepless flight! My host family picked me up at the airport, complete with a colorful sign which is now sitting in my room...they really are lovely people. I was overwhelmed at first, as we only speak German, but after a day, I am feeling more comfortable and its all coming back to me, thank goodness! I am in an area called "Neukölln", which is on the south east side of Berlin. So far, I haven't ventured out to the city, but i plan to this week. The well known parts of the city ("Mitte", for example), are a good 45 minutes away by the public transportation system. The weather has been really rainy, and I have been too tired for any grand adventures :P I start at the school tomorrow, and I am pretty excited for that! The vast majority of the students are of Arabic/Turkish background, as there are many "Ausländers" here in Berlin, especially from the east. But anyways, bis dann!

No comments:

Post a Comment